PEPPER DIY kit - PREORDER
More PEPPER DIY kits are on their way soon! This product is a pre-order that will ship mid June 2020.
PEPPER is a DIY kit for hardware enthusiasts who love Bela, modular synths, and building things.
PEPPER consists of a bare PCB and faceplate. There is a list of common through-hole components for you to source, and we provide an in-depth, illustrated build guide. Once assembled, attach your Bela board (sold separately) and start prototyping and experimenting with Bela and your modular synth.
Your PEPPER DIY kit includes:
- Bare PEPPER PCB, ready for assembly
- A faceplate (made of black PCB and silver solder mask)
Once assembled, PEPPER is 18HP wide and adds the following to your modular setup:
- Stereo audio I/O
- 8 CV inputs (up to 4 can be swapped for trigger ins)
- 8 CV offset potentiometers (normalised to analog inputs)
- 8 CV outputs
- 2 buttons
- A 10-LED output
When assembled, attach PEPPER to your Bela unit, plug it into your laptop and access Bela's browser-based IDE. Code synth patches using C++, Pure Data, Supercollider, Csound; start from scratch or use one of the dozens of included examples covering everything from synthesis to sensors.
To learn more about PEPPER (including the full bill of materials, details on power supply and customisation options), please visit the PEPPER wiki.
- PEPPER is a DIY project that requires lots of soldering, and is intended for experimentation. If you're looking for a fully-assembled Eurorack module, check out SALT, our programmable module.
- PEPPER is not compatible with Bela Mini, or the CTAG series.