PEPPER Full DIY Kit
PEPPER is a DIY Eurorack module for hardware enthusiasts who love Bela, synths, and building things.
This DIY kit consists of everything you need to build PEPPER including:
- All necessary components
- Bela Starter Kit
To build the module follow our in-depth, illustrated build guide. Once assembled, you are ready to start prototyping and experimenting with Bela in your modular synth.
PEPPER is 18HP wide and adds the following to your modular setup:
I/O (1/8″ jacks):
- 2 audio in (AC-coupled, 10V pk-to-pk, 44.1kHz, 16bit)
- 2 audio out (AC-coupled, 10V pk-to-pk, 44.1kHz, 16bit)
- 8x CV in (with pots attenuating, 16bit, 0-10V). Optionally, up to 4x of the CV in sockets can be swapped for trigger ins, leaving the pots connected directly to Bela’s analog inputs.
- 8x CV out (16bit, 0-5V)
- 8x pots (attenuation of CV in)
- 4x buttons
- 10x LED output
When assembled, attach PEPPER to your Bela unit, plug it into your laptop and access Bela's browser-based IDE. Code synth patches using C++, Pure Data, Supercollider, Csound; start from scratch or use one of the dozens of included examples covering everything from synthesis to sensors.
Pepper comes with a library of example patches ready to go which you can hear in action in this video. These include patches such as an analogue-style tape delay, 4 channel looper. inharmonic oscillator bank, physically-inspired vocal synthesiser, LFO playground, granulator, a couple of drum machines, and template projects for creating your own patches.
To learn more about PEPPER (including the full bill of materials, details on power supply and customisation options), please visit the PEPPER wiki.
Please get in touch with us if you would only like the component bags.
- PEPPER is a DIY project that requires lots of soldering, and is intended for experimentation. If you're looking for a fully-assembled Eurorack module, check out SALT, our programmable module.
- PEPPER is not compatible with Bela Mini, or the CTAG series.